Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Framed Nature: Your mission should you chose to accept it...

I received my assignment on a cold, cloudy, wintery afternoon while working on a project in a dark studio illuminated by only the desk lamp and what little light was filtering through the window.

The fresh, clean, and unnaturally shiny plant cuttings definitely added a new and interesting dimension to my work space. My initial thoughts: I wish the plants themselves were bigger, filling more of the frame. I like my nature bold, bright, and obvious, like tropical plants with leaves as big as your head and so green in color they almost seem to glow. The size of my framed pieces is great, I just want more plant in each frame.
 Everybody notices them right away and wants to know what they are and where they came from. They are great for starting conversations and making friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment